The Boss

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jaspers ghost
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 6 times

The Boss

Post by Jaspers ghost »

We went to see Mr Springsteen and The E Street Band in Cardiff last night .

Brilliant as Ever IMHO 8)
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 29 times

Re: The Boss

Post by itsaintfunny »

Didn't know he was Welsh.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 27 times

Post by Mickemo »

Jaspers ghost wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm We went to see Mr Springsteen and The E Street Band in Cardiff last night .

That’s one artist I’ve always liked but for some reason haven’t ever seen live, I’d better get a move on and sort that out before he gets too old to tour.

I also went to a gig last night - Kula Shaker in Bournemouth and they were excellent.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I too went to a gig last night. I went to watch one of my granddaughters dancing and that was......well it was.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 50 times

Post by phat_chris »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:50 pm I too went to a gig last night. I went to watch one of my granddaughters dancing and that was......well it was.
I saw my daughter dancing and singing on stage on Saturday. So proud of how much she has come along as a dancer and now as a singer.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:50 pm I too went to a gig last night. I went to watch one of my granddaughters dancing and that was......well it was.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been there, done that!! (not your granddaughter of course!)...and it is, isn't it???? Mine was ballet!!!!!!!!! :roll:
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 50 times

Post by phat_chris »

eltorrro wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:26 pm

Been there, done that!! (not your granddaughter of course!)...and it is, isn't it???? Mine was ballet!!!!!!!!! :roll:
It can be like that when they first start out, but after a while their ability should improve enough to make it enjoyable to watch. Although it helps if their teacher creates interesting choreography. My daughter's teacher has been putting on stage shows since 1988 so I guess that helps keep her biannual shows interesting.
Jaspers ghost
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Jaspers ghost »

Mickemo wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 4:47 pm
Jaspers ghost wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:40 pm We went to see Mr Springsteen and The E Street Band in Cardiff last night .

That’s one artist I’ve always liked but for some reason haven’t ever seen live, I’d better get a move on and sort that out before he gets too old to tour.

I also went to a gig last night - Kula Shaker in Bournemouth and they were excellent.
Do yourself a favour , and see Him / Them While they are still going on Tour .

IMHO you won’t regret it :-D
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by Blue Walter »

phat_chris wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:53 pm
eltorrro wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 5:26 pm

It can be like that when they first start out, but after a while their ability should improve enough to make it enjoyable to watch. Although it helps if their teacher creates interesting choreography. My daughter's teacher has been putting on stage shows since 1988 so I guess that helps keep her biannual shows interesting.
Yes I know only too well. I have one granddaughter that has represented England at the Dancing World Cup (there is such a thing) twice. I went to Portugal to watch her, which they won. She is now moving on to taking it on professionally at a dance college while she goes to London at the weekends to train and dance with a troupe there. She also appeared for three years at panto at Christmas. She follows my son who is a professional musician in London and has done very well for himself travelling the world doing something he loves. I have been to watch countless performances with him growing up which have, shall we say, been not so entertaining. He did win a British Youth music championship at 15. I have other granddaughters who are not so talented but I am very proud of them all.

So yes I know only too well the long road ahead, both for them and me watching them. Sometimes very entertaining but other times sometimes just there for support.