Nike Shirts up for renewal. Any preference on new supplier? Also what were your favorite shites?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Nike Shirts up for renewal. Any preference on new supplier? Also what were your favorite shites?

Post by Sam_Brown »

Personally I like the current shirt. I know some criticize Nike for being a bit off the shelf which they are but I'm always happy to walk around wearing Nike.

If not Nike who would you like to see produce our shirts for next season? I really liked the old Canterbury ones we had. They had some decent training tops etc which I still use to this day.
cat.png
Also really liked the old Ty top from 02/03. Nice to have the woven finish to the logos etc and still looking good to this day despite probably hundreds of washes. Just a shame they don't fit me any more.
ty.png

I do really like the current shirt. Both the supplier, look, feel and the sponsor as I actually went to the uni back in the day. It's nice having a decent sponsor related to the city and not some random betting company!
uni.png
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Nike Shirts up for renewal. Any preference on new supplier? Also what were your favorite shites?

Post by Pompey55 »

My favourite shites are scum😀
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 163 times

Re: Nike Shirts up for renewal. Any preference on new supplier? Also what were your favorite shites?

Post by Pompey55 »

Seriously I liked the old Bishops Printers White away top
But as we are tied into a deal where we actually don't handle the procurement and sales of the kits ourselves or the shop but just take a percentage then I doubt if we will move away from Nike
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:09 pm My favourite shites are scum😀
FFS. This is what happens when I post while ill!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 50 times

Post by phat_chris »

Sam_Brown wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:16 pm
You shites yourself? 😅
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Really liked the gold TY away shirt in the Championship title winning season.

Also the Goodmans home top from the early/mid 90s which was my first Pompey shirt.

Like Sam, I also quite like the current shirt too.

As for my favourite shites, probably best to draw a veil over that one :D
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Post by meakinsl »

Incredible when you think that not long ago the club would buy their own kit from local sports shops, my dad supplied them with some items for a few years and even sponsored training tops one season- they briefly appear in the centenary video which must confess haven’t seen in years, think I have the vhs in the loft but no player anymore !

Listening to that Peter crouch podcast (excellent by the way Pompey appear a few times as does kev the kit man ) discovered they even get given their pants these days !
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

PeteM wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:04 pm Really liked the gold TY away shirt in the Championship title winning season.

Also the Goodmans home top from the early/mid 90s which was my first Pompey shirt.

Like Sam, I also quite like the current shirt too.

As for my favourite shites, probably best to draw a veil over that one :D
I think I still have that one somewhere. Yeah I like that gold TY shirt. Weirdly my long lasting memory of that shirt is Quashie missing a 1 on 1 against United when we played them in 2003 FA Cup. No idea why!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

phat_chris wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:43 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:16 pm
You shites yourself? 😅
I try to go for a walk every day no matter what and I did have a couple of close calls last week!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix