Ipswich game

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Ipswich game

Post by Dinksy »

Rain dances please everyone and get those sprinklers on full.....
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 135 times

Re: Ipswich game

Post by Blue Walter »

On paper we should be looking at another defeat as it seems Ipswich are now beginning to find their feet. Against that Pompey are shorn of confidence, fighting sprit, too many players not performing to their potential and a lack of a playing system that works. On top of that this game comes directly after being given a footballing lesson. That all points to another dismal evenings showing, but this is football where logic and sensible examination goes out of the window. This game will be under the lights and Fratton Park can be a very special place in this environment. There is the return of Paul Cook to spice things up with an Ipswich club that has not exactly enamoured themselves with their off field dealings. The atmosphere could be quite hostile towards them and if the Portsmouth players can not respond to this then they should find another job. Annoyingly, in some ways, after a bad performance players often come back to the next game with a grittier approach. This is what happened against Sunderland and my hope is this will happen tonight. I am predicting a better Pompey performance and a win.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

After Michael Smith's two goals on Saturday, I have an uneasy feeling that Conor Chaplin could do the same to us this evening.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Berkshire Blue wrote:After Michael Smith's two goals on Saturday, I have an uneasy feeling that Conor Chaplin could do the same to us this evening.
Contrast the attitudes of Chaplin and Cook to this game;
Cook: It's just another game, my past connection means nothing to me.
Chaplin: I have a lot of good memories and the fans are special.

I just hope we go for flat back four and give ourselves a chance.
What about giving Jacobs a chance on the left? And, for goodness sake, give Azeez a run out.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 135 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Dinksy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:34 pm
Berkshire Blue wrote:After Michael Smith's two goals on Saturday, I have an uneasy feeling that Conor Chaplin could do the same to us this evening.
Contrast the attitudes of Chaplin and Cook to this game;
Cook: It's just another game, my past connection means nothing to me.
Chaplin: I have a lot of good memories and the fans are special.

I just hope we go for flat back four and give ourselves a chance.
What about giving Jacobs a chance on the left? And, for goodness sake, give Azeez a run out.
In the same token I would think that Jacobs would like to have the chance of a world class display against Mr Cook.
Quantum of Stowmarket
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Quantum of Stowmarket »

Just think we could have had Dan Cowley instead of Cook by now but he's struggling a bit over at your end. Two managers under fire that pick up one or two big outstanding wins here and there but mostly unable to get results or end up beaten.

I'm not expecting to win down there tonight, your record against us makes me worry and while we can score goals quite easy : at the other end it's tough to keep them out. Town are highest scorers in the league by the way and Macauley Bonne is having a great season, other names like Evans, Pigott and Aluko have made their mark but the defence always remains suspect. If not letting goals in we'd be a top three club right now I'm sure of it.

Hope to get involved later and follow action as maybe have some free time, only a point I think separates the teams it should be a good game. Cook is under pressure to get results as is Cowley. If we get a point over there think I'll settle for it but the team really needs victories obviously.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Hi Quantum your point regarding Danny Cowley instead of Cook I think Cook has landed on his feet a big war chest to build the most expensive squad brimming with talent and potential. Good luck with that we are at the other end of the spectrum poor DC has to manage on a shoe string budget with poundland players together with Jacket over payed rejects. Both of us have the same issue in terms of getting the players to gel and play in the way the manager wants, your players probably have the talent to do that. I can see your club making the play offs Wigan and Rotherham will go up automatically, with Sunderland in the play offs with you. We will finish mid table imo hope its a good game and the under dogs come out on top.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
PompeyExpat
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by PompeyExpat »

FFS!!!! What the hell was Raggett doing, talk about a can’t be arsed back pass! That was pathetic.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

HT: 0-1.
Moment of truth for this team. Time to find out if they have any backbone at all
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Dinksy wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:42 pm HT: 0-1.
Moment of truth for this team. Time to find out if they have any backbone at all
Erm!
PompeyExpat
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by PompeyExpat »

This is painful to watch, no one is stepping up, the Cowleys in talks on the sidelines, over analyzing everything as usual! Where is the fast attacking football we were promised?
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Pompeymack »

Will we have a shot on target today.
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Pompeymack »

PompeyExpat wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:12 pm This is painful to watch, no one is stepping up, the Cowleys in talks on the sidelines, over analyzing everything as usual! Where is the fast attacking football we were promised?
It's normally played by the opposition.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Dinksy »

Oh my lord. We're going to save the day by bringing on Hirst.... :rofl
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 61 times