"Back from the game" thread

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Macedonian_pompey
Billy The Boot Boy

"Back from the game" thread

Post by Macedonian_pompey »

Of course, i wasn't on the game, but as this was my first Pompey match what i've watched this season, here are my thoughts about this match.

I think the first goal killed us. We concede soft goal inside the first 2 minutes and never came back. We create a couple of chances but failed to score. The turning moment of the match i think was it the chance for Wynter, who should have scored. After that we concede a goal with was pure clas.

The defence today was absolut scramble, except Ertl who i thought it was briliant. For me the worst player of the pitch was Shorey. He is old now and he cant guard anymore the pacey wingers like it was it his right winger (Akins i think was his name), he destroys him.
Holland and Dunne i think were very good, but there were a couple of shots from both of them which were unnecesary.

Jed Wallace is a great talent, and i wil be surprised if the Championship clubs wil not hunt him next summer. Westcarr was solid but Holmes performance was near as Shorey. He hardly creates chances, didnt cover enough at the back, and ithink he should be subbed much more earlier.

The result wasn't fair we deserved to score at least once, but Burton are one of the best sides in this league so this defeat shouldn't have been much dissapointing.
"You can break many things, but you can't break our spirit"-Avram Grant POMPEY LEGEND

You dont have to be mad to support pompey......but it helps
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Re: "Back from the game" thread

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Pomp, isn't it about time MP joined Pompey Belle in retirement?
Ziggy Sawdust
Kev the Kitman

Re: "Back from the game" thread

Post by Ziggy Sawdust »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:Pomp, isn't it about time MP joined Pompey Belle in retirement?
Where's the like button because that made me laugh out loud? Quite an achievement for first thing on a Monday morning.