Pompey close to signing Keeper

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinMontreal
Gary O'Neil

Pompey close to signing Keeper

Post by BlueinMontreal »

Pompey are close to sealing a move for keeper Ryan Fulton.

The Liverpool man is flying down from Merseyside today to complete a loan stay at Fratton Park.

Fulton will come straight into the equation for tomorrow’s big showdown against fellow promotion-chasers Oxford United.

The 19-year-old Scotland under-21 international has yet to make a senior appearance at Anfield.

Fulton was also reported to be attracting interest from Scottish Premiership title chasers Aberdeen.
Co-Author of "Montreal International Firework Competition"
Regular price $30.00 Now ON SALE $20.00
crout11
Collins Mbesuma

Re: Pompey close to signing Keeper

Post by crout11 »

Was confirmed an hour ago that he has signed and should be on the bench for tomorrows game. LFC are reporting its a youth loan.....Not really sure what this means.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

crout11 wrote:Was confirmed an hour ago that he has signed and should be on the bench for tomorrows game. LFC are reporting its a youth loan.....Not really sure what this means.
As ever, the FL is as clear as mud. I think 53.3.7 is the important bit, allowing the player to flit back and forth to play in reserve and youth games for the loaning club during the loan. This is (I think) aimed at getting the young player the maximum game opportunities.

53.3 Emergency and Youth Loans. Subject to the provisions of Regulation 52.2, Emergency Loan and Youth Loan transfers shall only be approved in accordance with the following provisions:

53.3.1 Notwithstanding the definition of Parent Club, Emergency and Youth Loans may only be concluded with clubs affiliated (directly or through County Football Associations) to the Football Association unless any club not so affiliated plays in any of the competitions set out in Regulation 53.2.1.

53.3.2 Emergency and Youth Loans are permitted both during the Transfer Windows and, subject to the provisions of Regulation 53.3.4, also during a Closed Period between Clubs (or, as applicable, clubs) in membership of The Football League, The Premier League and The Football Conference (Premier Division).

53.3.3 During the Transfer Windows, Emergency Loans and Youth Loans are also permitted between Clubs and, as applicable, clubs in membership of the Football Conference (North), Football Conference (South), Northern Premier League, the Isthmian League and Southern League providing the rules and regulations of the respective league so allow. Any Emergency Loan concluded in accordance with this Regulation may be renewed during a Closed Period provided the renewal is simultaneous with the expiry of the immediately preceding period of the Emergency Loan.

53.3.4 Notwithstanding the provisions of Regulations 53.3.2 and 53.3.3, a Player cannot be registered on an Emergency Loan or Youth Loan:

(a) during the period commencing immediately after the end of a Transfer Window and during each of the seven days following the end of that Transfer Window;

(b) in the first half of the Season, after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in November; and

(c) in the second half of the Season, after 5pm on the fourth Thursday in March

unless in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 54.

53.3.5 Only:

(a) Scholars who are in the second or third (if that option is exercised) year of their Scholarship Agreement; or

(b) Contract Players aged 20 or under on 1st July immediately preceding the Season in question,

may be registered on a Youth Loan.

53.3.6 It shall be a condition of any Youth Loan involving a Scholar, or a Contract Player who continues to qualify as an Academy Player, that for the duration of the period of the Youth Loan the Player continues to fully comply with the programme of education in place for that Player.

53.3.7 A Player registered on a Youth Loan may, provided this is agreed between the two clubs and the Player, continue to train with and/or play for his Parent Club (or club) in any match other than matches played as part of the Premier League Competition, League Competition, League Cup, Football Association Challenge Cup or Football League Trophy (First Team Matches). Participation by the Player in First Team Matches for the Loaning Club shall take precedence.

53.3.8 Any days on which the Player participates in a reserve team match and/or attends any training sessions for the Loaning Club (or club)) shall still count towards the period of the Youth Loan.

53.3.9 Except for the specific circumstances provided for in Regulations 53.3.11, 53.3.12 and 54, the minimum duration of any Emergency Loan and Youth Loan shall be 28 days and the maximum duration of an Emergency Loan is 93 days. The loan period is inclusive of the starting date and the finishing date. Youth Loans may not extend beyond the date of the Player's 21st birthday.

53.3.10 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans may contain a break clause but only where that break clause is exercisable after the expiry of the initial 28 day period of the loan.

53.3.11 Emergency Loans and Youth Loans involving goalkeepers (but not otherwise) may be subject to a recall clause within the first 28 days. Any recall may only be implemented in extenuating circumstances and with the consent of The League, such extenuating circumstances to be determined in The League's absolute discretion.

53.3.12 The League shall have discretion to extend the maximum duration of 93 days for an Emergency Loan in extenuating circumstances, such circumstances to be determined in The League's absolute discretion.

53.3.13 Subject to Regulation 53.3.14, where the Emergency Loan or Youth Loan of a Player expires (and is not renewed simultaneously) any subsequent Emergency Loan or Youth Loan of that Player to the same Club will be subject to a minimum duration of 28 days as set out in Regulation 53.3.9.

53.3.14 The cumulative total number of days of all Emergency Loans of one Player to the same Club may not exceed 93 days (unless extended by The League in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 53.3.12).

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global ... eYA4A0M.99
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Blah blah blah to the power 100.....
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global ... eYA4A0M.99
You gotta be joshin', PP.....I had enough trouble wading through what you posted let alone reading more :wink:
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I don't know why it is, but I always feel sorry for goalkeepers who get dumped. I felt the same when Jamie Ashdown got dropped when we signed Dean Kiely. Perhaps it's my feeling that goalies are the unappreciated player in a football team.

I realise that it's the best thing for the team. I just didn't feel Brian Murphy had done too much wrong (89th minute at Portman Road notwithstanding).
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
pomp 'n circumstance
Kev the Kitman

Post by pomp 'n circumstance »

the_lock_man wrote:I don't know why it is, but I always feel sorry for goalkeepers who get dumped. I felt the same when Jamie Ashdown got dropped when we signed Dean Kiely. Perhaps it's my feeling that goalies are the unappreciated player in a football team.

I realise that it's the best thing for the team. I just didn't feel Brian Murphy had done too much wrong (89th minute at Portman Road notwithstanding).
Don't get me going on that one - I assume you were wearing your fez when you made that comment! Never mind Portman Road (although it was a right howler) - think Leyton Orient, Brisbane Road - Orient keeper one bounce to our area and straight into our net via a header past a motionless Murphy. I've heard of one touch football, but that was ridiculous!
Macedonian_pompey
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Macedonian_pompey »

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy ... youth-loan

It's official about Fulton. He's a decent young keeper i think he will do great at Pompey.
"You can break many things, but you can't break our spirit"-Avram Grant POMPEY LEGEND

You dont have to be mad to support pompey......but it helps
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

the_lock_man wrote: I just didn't feel Brian Murphy had done too much wrong (89th minute at Portman Road notwithstanding).
A lot of the fans knocking him have only watched him in a few games, if any, and I'm with you. He has been given a lot of unfair stick. Hollands and Webster seem to have been forgotten in their part in the Leyton melt down!

One of my sons plays in goal in the Surrey League. It's a Hero to Zero role and I hate seeing GKs given stick. In fairness, Murphy isn't David James, but he is far better than many we have seen playing for us in recent years, including Jones and Poke.

Still, I have a feeling this new lad will be better - in Cook we trust

PS That Portman Rd goal was a foul on BM IMHO
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Goals conceded in 25 games......22.
I rest my case M'lud
Div III. Call it what it is.
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote:Goals conceded in 25 games......22.
I rest my case M'lud
Today's Snooze reports Fulton will go straight into the First Team.

Hats off to Cookie, he recognised Murphy was the weakest leak in the Team and addressed it with signing the young Scouser.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Murphey isnt that bad. Let's just hope come 5pm its not a decision Cook is left to the.

Fair play though he is prepared to put his balls in the vice.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by phat_chris »

Fulton gives away a penalty but makes up for it with a good save.
Macedonian_pompey
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Macedonian_pompey »

"You can break many things, but you can't break our spirit"-Avram Grant POMPEY LEGEND

You dont have to be mad to support pompey......but it helps