FA Cup 1st Round

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

FA Cup 1st Round

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Here we go again.

The draw for the first round proper of the FA Cup will take place tomorrow (17th October). It will be live on ITV from 1pm (BST); the draw will be after the waffle and padding.

Portsmouth are ball No. 34.

Teams of interest (i.e. that I haven't visited): Barrow, Forest Green Rovers, Salford City, Sutton Utd., and a whole load of non-league clubs, so away to any of those would be great.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/oct/15/ ... s-20211510
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Re: FA Cup 1st Round

Post by Dinksy »

Pompey Penguin wrote:Here we go again.

The draw for the first round proper of the FA Cup will take place tomorrow (17th October). It will be live on ITV from 1pm (BST); the draw will be after the waffle and padding.

Portsmouth are ball No. 34.

Teams of interest (i.e. that I haven't visited): Barrow, Forest Green Rovers, Salford City, Sutton Utd., and a whole load of non-league clubs, so away to any of those would be great.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/oct/15/ ... s-20211510
Bit ambitious, I'd say.
Bedfont Sports or Bowers and Pitsea might give us half a chance of getting through to the next round
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Havant and Waterlooville are in tomorrow's draw thanks to a 94th minute equaliser at Torquay. Local derby anyone ?
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
blueocean
Martin Kuhl
Been liked: 1 time

Post by blueocean »

Hmm they might beat us
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

rumourmonger wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:15 pm Havant and Waterlooville are in tomorrow's draw thanks to a 94th minute equaliser at Torquay. Local derby anyone ?
Yes please.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

Harrow Borough at home. Please tell me we shouldn't be too worried about this .
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Greenie
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Greenie »

rumourmonger wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:31 pm Harrow Borough at home. Please tell me we shouldn't be too worried about this .
Only if it's live on tv when massive stage fright will affect our players.
Otherwise 7-0 win
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

rumourmonger wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:31 pm Harrow Borough at home. Please tell me we shouldn't be too worried about this .
Pity it wasn't away. New ground for me and that would be a third of the distance to FP. I will hope for a replay.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Pompey Penguin wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:03 pm
Pity it wasn't away. New ground for me and that would be a third of the distance to FP. I will hope for a replay.
:shock: :lol:
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Harrow Borough supporters are super confident about winning this game. While they are really excited about taking on one of 'England's most famous clubs at the iconic Fratton Park' ( their words) they are also confident about winning. They claim that Harrow Borough is the club that Pompey would have preferred to have avoided in the cupdraw, especially with Pompey's current form.

Personally I would have preferred to have avoided clubs like Wigan & Rotherham and, by choice, play a club like Harrow at home.
Rick Pumpkin
Alan Biley

Post by Rick Pumpkin »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:24 pm Personally I would have preferred to have avoided clubs like Wigan & Rotherham and, by choice, play a club like Harrow at home.
It's still a potential banana skin though isn't it?

Thanks to the joys of Covid I missed the Sutton and Rotherham games but from what I've read the team really needs to get their collective head together and not think they've won the game before it even starts.

There again, Kings Lynn supporters were saying practically the same things last year and that didn't work out too badly did it?
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

Harrow are in the same league as Gosport, but about 12 places below them I believe. So they are not exactly in the higher non-league category. On paper it looks like a walk-over and if we lose to them it will be surely one of our biggest disgraces.