Sunderland

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Sunderland

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Having not witnessed a Pompey defeat (in person) for over two years, tomorrow I'm making my first visit to Fratton Park (in almost two years). Question is, will my presence prove to be a good luck charm or a foolish folly on what is forecast to be a very wet and windy afternoon?
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Re: Sunderland

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I am away so cannot attend, but my son will be there with his elder daughter for her first visit to FP.

In current circumstances a draw would not be too bad a result against a good team who are flying high and will be full of confidence.
Daniel
Martin Kuhl

Post by Daniel »

Tomorrow’s not the day to play pretty football weather will be against that. Might it be attractive but direct up to marquis and Harrison with the midfield four getting to second balls and knock downs

———————-Bazunu ——————
Romeo—--raggett—ogilvie——brown
Reeco——morrell—Williams—-Curtis
—————Harrison -marquis————
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Flat back 10 for me
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Blindfold for me
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Seems to be a common theme in football of teams losing the games they are meant to win and win the games they are meant to lose. Hope for a win and the team will turn it on against the league leaders but would be happy with a draw.

I do find it funny so many people now wanting a return to Jackett Ball after seeing so many posts previously about how they'd rather we play attacking football and lose. Grass is always greener eh I guess.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by New Forester »

Always a great atmosphere. Expect away fans to be out in force. I often chat to visitors. Few actually live anywhere near Sunderland.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 183 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:49 pm Seems to be a common theme in football of teams losing the games they are meant to win and win the games they are meant to lose. Hope for a win and the team will turn it on against the league leaders but would be happy with a draw.

I do find it funny so many people now wanting a return to Jackett Ball after seeing so many posts previously about how they'd rather we play attacking football and lose. Grass is always greener eh I guess.
We aren't playing attacking football though.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Sunderland actually have a pretty woeful record travelling to the South Coast (not just Fratton), so there's that to pin some hope on!
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Betelgeuse wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:14 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:49 pm Seems to be a common theme in football of teams losing the games they are meant to win and win the games they are meant to lose. Hope for a win and the team will turn it on against the league leaders but would be happy with a draw.

We aren't playing attacking football though.
And yet people want us to be even more defensive!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 160 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Based on the weather forecast tomorrow with rain and 40 mph winds due in the second half any tactics will go out of the window
It’s likely the pitch will turn into a mud bath
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Pompeymack »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:11 pm Based on the weather forecast tomorrow with rain and 40 mph winds due in the second half any tactics will go out of the window
That will be the excuse if we lose today.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by New Forester »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:11 pm Based on the weather forecast tomorrow with rain and 40 mph winds due in the second half any tactics will go out of the window
Not with our semi artificial surface?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

It looks as if the gale will be coming from the South and not down the ground, so maybe it could be a good day to keep the ball on the ground, unless you want it to land in the North Stand Lower!
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Unchanged team - fingers crossed.