crowds come out to honour champions

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 87 times
Been liked: 67 times

crowds come out to honour champions

Post by RubiconCSL »

I'm so glad the weather looked to have behaved itself. Did anyone on here go?

southseacommon26.jpeg

crowds-come-out-to-honour-champions
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: crowds come out to honour champions

Post by Blue Walter »

I went. It was lovely to see so many people in a good mood. It is a shame that the loudspeaker system wasn't up to the job as it difficult to hear what the speakers were saying. But the main thing was to see people celebrating promotion with the teams.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

great to see the Ladies getting their recogonition at the same time

Great time to be a Pompey fan
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 162 times

Post by Pompey55 »

As I said on another thread we went As a family myself my daughter and 3 grandchildren it was refreshing to see that this range of people was there and evident this will hopefully will be reflected in future support
We were lucky that due to my daughter having friends in the ladies team management she had a pass into the players area and was able to take 2 of the kids in to meet the players all who were absolutely brilliant with them including a few photo bombing Paddy Lane and my granddaughter
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 73 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

I went with two of my sons and some old school mates. Had a couple of drinks in The Apsley (first time since 1976!) before wandering over to the common and then went back to a friend's for a few more drinks and some food. I enjoyed the before and after far more than the actual event. As most of you will have already read, the PA system was atrocious and whoever's idea it was to sell those annoying horns needs shooting. I also thought it dragged on far too long, with some slightly odd choices of people invited up on to the stage. I appreciate that the day was about far more than just the two teams, but I found it a tad tedious, especially as I couldn't hear what any of them had to say. I was delighted to see that Michael Eisner got one of the best receptions of the afternoon. The fans really have warmed to him and Tornante, and rightly so - not an aeroplane banner in sight ;-) Oh, and Eric needs to take a trip to Saville Row when he is next over. It could also have done with a bigger stage and more than just one screen. Having said all of the above, I'm still glad I was there.
Southsea Common.jpeg
Southsea Common 2.jpeg
The Apsley.jpeg
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 pm I went with two of my sons and some old school mates. Had a couple of drinks in The Apsley (first time since 1976!) before wandering over to the common and then went back to a friend's for a few more drinks and some food. I enjoyed the before and after far more than the actual event. As most of you will have already read, the PA system was atrocious and whoever's idea it was to sell those annoying horns needs shooting. I also thought it dragged on far too long, with some slightly odd choices of people invited up on to the stage. I appreciate that the day was about far more than just the two teams, but I found it a tad tedious, especially as I couldn't hear what any of them had to say. I was delighted to see that Michael Eisner got one of the best receptions of the afternoon. The fans really have warmed to him and Tornante, and rightly so - not an aeroplane banner in sight ;-) Oh, and Eric needs to take a trip to Saville Row when he is next over. It could also have done with a bigger stage and more than just one screen. Having said all of the above, I'm still glad I was there.
Southsea Common.jpeg
Southsea Common 2.jpeg
The Apsley.jpeg
When I worked in Pompey I went to The Aplsey for a pint every single night after work without fail, then to Iceland to get something for tea. I had no freezer in my flat.