I've been analysing the financials a bit more closely

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

I've been analysing the financials a bit more closely

Post by Lone Proton »

At this moment in time I'm voting a) Do not sell to Tornante, and b) Y to letting the 16 Presidents make their own decisions: just like all 2,750 of us have to. And remember, many of those 2,750 voters represent consortia of 2,4,10, 50 or even more people (fans/savious).

"It is understood by Tornante that the PST will choose to take option A) on behalf of the PST" Why is that understood? Shouldn't the 2,750 PST voters (some influenced by consortia) get to decide that?

I think the PST represents much more than the 2,750 votes which control 48.89% of our club. The 16 presidents are saviours/fans as well because we all got here together - promoted :-)

But what do I know. Until I know our crest/home colours are safe it's thanks but no thanks from me.

Q: Tornante, if we are owned by a company registered in England will we be its sole asset?
BlueFaith
Milan Mandaric

Re: I've been analysing the financials a bit more closely

Post by BlueFaith »

Lone Proton wrote: "It is understood by Tornante that the PST will choose to take option A) on behalf of the PST" Why is that understood? Shouldn't the 2,750 PST voters (some influenced by consortia) get to decide that?
As per page 20 - "PST cannot distribute profits to its members".

The crest thing is to do with copyright/image rights so we won't get a veto - owners will want to be able to see merch with the crest on it but will want to stop other people being able to legally sell merch with the crest on it. Doesn't necessarily mean losing the star/crescent - SG changed it for similar reasons (then current owners changed it "back").
Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

Post by Lone Proton »

I'm not looking to make a profit out of my club. When I became a PST member in business terms that was a write off - a grand I never expected to see again. But I had a football club I could still watch. My football club. Albeit in Div 4, again. A lot of the PST members are heads of consortia. Do you really think any of the people in a consortium put their money into the PST/club to make a profit? I don't.

The PST is the bulk of our fans. The loud and beating Heart of Pompey. It is much more than than the 2,750 people (fans) who get a vote. How many of the 2,750 people in the PST want their money back? Let alone make a profit. This isn't all about money is it?

No disrespect to the Presidents (fans) who have put in much more than a grand.

If we have to sell 100% our club let's not sell out short.

I want something better in writing Mr. Eisner.

Not my money back.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

Lone Proton wrote:I'm not looking to make a profit out of my club. When I became a PST member in business terms that was a write off - a grand I never expected to see again. But I had a football club I could still watch. My football club. Albeit in Div 4, again. A lot of the PST members are heads of consortia. Do you really think any of the people in a consortium put their money into the PST/club to make a profit? I don't.

The PST is the bulk of our fans. The loud and beating Heart of Pompey. It is much more than than the 2,750 people (fans) who get a vote. How many of the 2,750 people in the PST want their money back? Let alone make a profit. This isn't all about money is it?

Not my money back.

You talk about selling short... What are you expecting?
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

You would have thought 'Lone Proton' would have been a bit more positive about the whole situation. 'Lone Electron' would have perhaps been a better choice of name...
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

This Time Next Year wrote:You would have thought 'Lone Proton' would have been a bit more positive about the whole situation. 'Lone Electron' would have perhaps been a better choice of name...

Touche.
BlueFaith
Milan Mandaric

Post by BlueFaith »

Lone Proton wrote:I'm not looking to make a profit out of my club. When I became a PST member in business terms that was a write off - a grand I never expected to see again. But I had a football club I could still watch. My football club. Albeit in Div 4, again. A lot of the PST members are heads of consortia. Do you really think any of the people in a consortium put their money into the PST/club to make a profit? I don't.

Not my money back.
Ok - so you said/asked:
"It is understood by Tornante that the PST will choose to take option A) on behalf of the PST" Why is that understood? Shouldn't the 2,750 PST voters (some influenced by consortia) get to decide that?
This means that Tornante have offered two options in terms of buying shares IF shareholders agree to sell - and the PST have indicated that IF shareholders agree to sell then they will take option A on behalf of the PST.

All the PST shareholders are voting on whether they want to sell their shares - all PST members are voting whether Presidents should be allowed to sell - option A only comes into effect after these votes. We (PST shareholders) can't take option B.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Here's the ballot paper
Attachments
Ballot.jpg
Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

Post by Lone Proton »

The VOTE

Y & Y - Exclusivity extended until 1st September during which time Tornante will seek to close out this transaction with the remaining owners. Tornante need only 27% of the presidents shares, and what is in the offer is what will happen. It will then be made legally binding in English law. Before then Tornante can still walk away upon inspection of what they want to look at. They will conduct a full survey of the assets inc. an in depth historical audit etc. before making any final decision.

N & Y - Exclusivity not extended PFC will not change ownership structure. However the 16 presidents will now be free to sell their shares in their total pot of shares (51.52% of club). If a president sells, all that changes re: PFC is that one of the 16 names changes or one of the 15 remaining presidents has increased their shareholding. Mr. Eisner can buy in - be one of us - but he wants 100% of PFC

N & N - Exclusivity not extended PFC will not change ownership structure. Effectively all is the same before anyone had ever heard of Tornante. I’ll leave the rest to your imaginations.

Y & N - Exclusivity not extended PFC will not change ownership structure. PST can sell it’s shares - if it wants - but the presidents can’t. Interesting idea but seems a tad unfair to me.

If only I had a time machine and could go 11 years into the future. Maybe I’d come back with £50M and buy the Fortress myself. Turn her around and include a pad for myself over looking the pitch.

How cool would that be :-)
Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

Post by Lone Proton »

Changed my mind. How fickle. Now I'm voting a) Y sell to Tornante, and b) N to letting the 16 Presidents make their own decisions. That means the PST want to have you (Mr. Eisner) as our owner but......?

The Presidents & PST Chairman need to negotiate a better deal so the PST can vote again on the 2nd resolution b) Y to letting the 16 Presidents accept your offer. Hopefully this can be done by 1st June.

What's a better deal? As a local I'd like to explore why PCC won't let you provide proposed Heritage Board with a veto AND see a proposed 'new' crest tomorrow that might unshackle Club from PCC. Something you think the Club might get registered. It doesn't have to be exact.

What fan doesn't want us to get back to back promotions next season? If the deal goes thru PST will have £2.75M. Is there any possibility you would match any PST investment (loan) going forward towards that goal? I have no idea on what terms but I'd like to call it a 'promotion chest' loan.

I became a member to help save my club. Now it's saved rather than have my money back I'd like to use it to get us promoted. PST would need to vote on this and those that vote no get their grand back.

If PST put in £2.5M would you add another £2.5M? You seem like a bit of a gambler. I hope this is closed out soonest so some decisions can be made on manager, who's sold, who's bought, etc.

Footballing things like what we normally talk about mid season.

EF League One here we come. Blue Army!!!
Attachments
PastedGraphic-1.tiff
PastedGraphic-1.tiff (162.2 KiB) Viewed 4276 times
Lone Proton
Robbie Pethick

Post by Lone Proton »

Changed my mind again. I Like Mike.
Attachments
images-1.jpeg
images-1.jpeg (8.79 KiB) Viewed 4164 times