Community Share Withdrawal Scheme

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 70 times

Community Share Withdrawal Scheme

Post by Selsey Bill »

Like all shareholders I received a letter in the post last Friday giving me various options. I wonder what the general consensus is? I have to admit that I never in a million years expected to have the opportunity to get that £1,000 back and now that I have the option I'm torn. Anyone else feeling the same?
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Re: Community Share Withdrawal Scheme

Post by Selsey Bill »

...and on this note, what are we going to do with the two syndicates this message board set up?
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

As a member of the Blitzoid led syndicate, my first choice would be to donate the share monies to PITC. After all as you say, I had no expectation to see the money again.

Second choice... show me the money!
Chiswick Blue
Kev the Kitman

Post by Chiswick Blue »

This Time Next Year wrote:As a member of the Blitzoid led syndicate, my first choice would be to donate the share monies to PITC. After all as you say, I had no expectation to see the money again.

Similarly i think we should vote on a charitable donation, if not then arrange a get together and put it behind the bar!
"If you would take the pains but to examine the wars of Pompey the Great, you shall find, I warrant you, that there is no tiddle-taddle nor pibble-pabble in Pompey's camp." - Henry V - Act 4, scene 1
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

I was also a Blitzoid syndicate member and would also agree with those above re charitable cause (esp. Pompey-related).
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
This Time Next Year
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 1 time

Post by This Time Next Year »

Chiswick Blue wrote:...if not then arrange a get together and put it behind the bar!
Now there's an option I can support!!
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Chiswick Blue wrote:
This Time Next Year wrote:As a member of the Blitzoid led syndicate, my first choice would be to donate the share monies to PITC. After all as you say, I had no expectation to see the money again.

Similarly i think we should vote on a charitable donation, if not then arrange a get together and put it behind the bar!
I'm also in Blitzoid's syndicate, and I'm in agreement that we should do something with the money rather that just get £50 back. I like the idea of a charitable donation, and I also like the idea of a meal / drink. A couple of alternative options to throw in the mix, though I haven't researched the costs: 1. We use the money towards match day corporate hospitality and take a big table or two in one of the lounges at Fratton for a home game later in the season. 2. We sponsor the match ball for one of the home games (though I think there is a limit on numbers for this?)

In any case, happy to go with the flow :thumb
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I've requested my full amount - the way i see it my money has served its purpose and while i didn't expect to see the money again having a grand coming in is very welcome at present.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey1985 wrote:I've requested my full amount - the way i see it my money has served its purpose and while i didn't expect to see the money again having a grand coming in is very welcome at present.
That is the way I am leaning, but rather than just paying it into my bank account so that my wife and three lads can spend it, I'm thinking of treating myself to 'something for me' with it e.g. new fishing tackle, skis, clothes, electrical goods, etc....
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

I think that I will request the full amount, although I am considering leaving £100 for the lifetime trust membership as a gesture for the work they all did. Otherwise, I want the money, especially as I won't see any of the £500 for the academy pitches which is already my donation in my opinion.
Pompey1985
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1985 »

I thought about the life time membership but I hope to live long enough that £5 a year gives them more money...
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

I'm also in Blitzoid's syndicate, and my vote is for the PITC donation.

Whilst I like the general idea of a free meal or booze-up, I do think it would be a little odd to do so with 19 complete strangers. Likewise, a corporate gig at the Park, and even more so, I don't think my 9yo would forgive me for going to a game without him!
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
OldSpice
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 33 times

Post by OldSpice »

Donations to the Pompey Ladies cause would be very much appreciated, especially with the new criteria for the top tiers having been announced in the last day or so.

PUP PUPL
PUP
Earl Grey
Interim Manager

Post by Earl Grey »

OldSpice wrote:Donations to the Pompey Ladies cause would be very much appreciated, especially with the new criteria for the top tiers having been announced in the last day or so.

PUP PUPL
I'd be very happy for my portion of the blitzoid syndicate money to go to the Pompey Ladies.
Stop looking for solutions to symptoms and start identifying the disease.
Fratton End Exile
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Fratton End Exile »

Great idea, donate to Pompey ladies for my money
Vince